'Dealing with Difficult Colleagues’ conflict management training courses at your venue in London - Midlands - North - Scotland and throughout the UK
This 'Dealing with Difficult Colleagues’ conflict management training course is run over a full day
All employees who have to deal with difficult or challenging colleagues in their workplace
Some colleagues and people we come in contact with at work are impatient, rude, stressed, de-motivating, and often just unaware of how their behaviour impacts on others. Participants learn exceptional skills to deal with difficult people in a direct but non-confrontational way. After this training participants will be more assertive and confident to deal with the dictators, gripers, snipers, 'yes' people, 'no' people, 'stressed' people and all of the other challenging characters they might meet at work.
By the end of this 'Dealing with Difficult Colleagues' conflict management training course participants will be better able to:
- Understand why certain behaviours are difficult
- Specifically identify the difficult behaviour they are experiencing
- Structure conversations to address difficult behaviour
- Feel more confident and become less of a 'target' for difficult people
- Manage their words/phrases/voice and body language
- Achieve more productive outcomes in any situation
The 'Dealing with Difficult Colleagues' course is tailored to your organisation.
Key content includes:
Difficult behaviour and its effects:
- Defining difficult behaviour
- Understanding behaviour patterns
- Understanding personality types and behaviour styles
Responding to difficult people:
- Understanding our natural response to conflict
- Recognising the impact of our voice/words/phrases
- Using positive body language
Dealing with difficult people:
- Maintaining composure
- Structuring difficult conversations - the master technique!
- Dealing with 'put downs' and 'fob offs'
- Using assertiveness strategies
- Creating 'wins' for both parties
Dealing with difficult tasks:
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Dealing with negative emails
- Managing conflict surrounding short deadlines
Dealing with sub-groups:
- Senior managers
- Project stakeholders
If you would like more information about this 'Dealing with Difficult Colleagues' conflict management training course or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs, please contact us by calling 0845 6585678 or using the enquiry form on the contact page.