'Dealing with Difficult Telephone Calls' conflict training courses at your venue throughout the UK
This Dealing with Difficult Telephone Calls training course is run over a full day.
All employees who have to deal with angry customers or service users via the telephone.
The course raises understanding of particular challenges caused for customers and staff when communicating by phone. Participants learn key skills to maintain calm and in control and to de-escalate the behaviour of angry callers. They also learn coping strategies to use during and after an aggressive phone call.
By the end of this 'Dealing with Difficult Telephone Calls' course participants will be better able to:
- Recognise patterns of conflict unique to communicating by telephone
- Identify different stages of conflict escalation
- Understand the impact of 'red rag' words and phrases
- Maintain their composure during difficult phone calls
- Use specific skills to structure and control each call
- Use a range of skills to manage difficult behaviour
- Use coping strategies to manage the impact of conflict and aggression
The 'Dealing with Difficult Telephone Calls' training content is tailored to your organisation. Key content includes:
Background to conflict:
- Understanding what triggers aggression
- Recognising the stages of conflict escalation
- Managing conflict 'flashpoints'
Understanding how the telephone can contribute to conflict escalation:
- Understanding patterns of behaviour unique to communicating by phone
Responding to conflict:
- Understanding our natural response to conflict
- Understanding the impact of 'Red Rag' words and phrases
- Controlling our voice and reactions
- Skills to maintain composure when emotions are rising
- Structuring difficult telephone conversations
- Staying in control of the call
- Listening and calming the situation
- Acknowledging difficulties and customer emotions
- Saying ‘No’ effectively
- Handling difficult or abusive behaviour
- Giving the customer a ‘win’
- Solving the problem
- Concluding angry phone calls
Managing the negative impact of an angry phone call:
- Understanding the negative impact from angry phone calls
- Unique skills to manage our stress levels
- De-briefing after a difficult call
If you would like more information about this 'Dealing with Difficult Telephone Calls' training course or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs, please contact us by calling 0845 6585678 or using the enquiry form on the contact page.