'Lone Worker' conflict training courses at your venue throughout the UK
This 'Lone Worker' training course is run over a full day.
All employees who have to work alone, particularly those who have to visit customers or service users in their own home. This course is designed for those who are experienced at working alone as well as those who are new to it.
Participants learn how to take steps to reduce personal safety risks and to improve their confidence when dealing with conflict and customer aggression. After completing the course participants feel more in control, safe and confident to deal with working alone and managing conflict. This course forms a major building block in the 'Duty of Care' employers should practice to ensure staff stay safe.
Lone Worker Training Course Benefits:
By the end of the 'Lone Worker' training course
participants will be better able to:
- Understand the risks associated with their specific lone working role
- Risk assess lone working situations
- Understand the legal aspects of lone working
- Understand the need for risk prevention and being traceable
- Use safety protocols to manage different lone working situations
- Understand the impact of their body language, words and phrases on managing conflict
- Use practical techniques to manage aggressive situations
- Report incidents and near misses
The 'Lone Worker' training content is tailored to your organisation.
Key content includes:
Lone working - introduction:
- Lone working
- Lone working risk categories
- The legal aspects of lone working
- Stages of conflict escalation
- How we can compromise our own safety
- Warning signs and symptoms
- 'Undertaking Personal Safety Risk Assessments'
Safety protocols for lone workers:
- 'Common sense' protocols for managing different lone working situations
- Visiting homes and premises
- Working in reception and public areas
- Working in remote places
- Working out of hours
- When out and about
- Using public transport
- Staying away from home
- Reviewing contactability and traceability
Responding to conflict:
- Our natural response to conflict
- 'Red Rag' words and phrases
- Staying calm and in control
- Signalling non-aggression through body language
Managing aggressive situations:
- Structuring and controlling the conversation
- Listening and calming the situation
- Managing unpredictability (drugs, alcohol, mental illness, etc.)
- Handling abusive behaviour
Putting policies and procedures into practice:
- Reporting incidents and near misses
- Review of practical policies and procedures
If you would like more information about this 'Lone Worker' training course or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs, please contact us by calling 0845 6585678 or using the enquiry form on the contact page.