Conflict Management Training
Learn How to use Simple and Practical Strategies to Stay Composed and Resolve Customer Conflict
All employees who have to face angry, aggressive or demanding customers or service users.
Conflict Management Training – Course Overview
The course raises participants’ understanding of the background to conflict and the contribution they can make to either calming or escalating a confrontation.
During the training day participants learn and practise key skills to build their confidence and to maintain composure whilst de-escalating customer conflict.
Conflict Management Training Course Benefits
By the end of this Conflict Management Training course participants will be better able to:
- Identify the key components present in all angry confrontations
- Recognise different stages of conflict escalation
- Recognise the signs of conflict and aggression
- Maintain composure when responding to conflict and aggression
- Use skills to manage their words, phrases and body language
- Demonstrate skills to stay calm and manage angry customer behaviour
Conflict Management Training Course Duration
This Conflict Management Training course is usually run over a full day. If you require a different delivery arrangement we will do all we can to meet the needs of your group.
Conflict Management Training Content
The Conflict Management Training course content is tailored to your organisation.
Key content includes
Background to conflict
- Triggers to aggressive behaviour
- Understanding customers’ needs when they are angry
- Stages of conflict escalation
- How our safety can be compromised
Recognising rising anger
- Reading signs and symptoms of aggression
- Managing conflict ‘flashpoints’
Responding to conflict
- Understanding our natural response to conflict
- Understanding the impact of ‘red rag’ words and phrases
- Managing our body language during conflict
- Staying calm and managing our own responses
- Structuring and controlling the conversation
- Listening and calming the situation
- Acknowledging difficulties and customer emotions
- Managing unpredictability (drugs, alcohol, mental illness, etc.)
- Saying no effectively
- Handling abusive behaviour
- Solving the problem
If you would like more information about our Conflict Management Training or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs, please contact us by calling 0800 3029262 or using the enquiry form on the contact page.
Professional and personal development for real situations, delivered with real personality, by a real specialist.