Conflict Training for the Health and Social Care
In our experience, workers in Health and Social Care often face the following issues
- Managing expectations from patients
- Managing expectations from family members
- Managing access to appointments
- Managing aggressive behaviour
- Managing defensive behaviour
Do these issues sound familiar? Are you considering investing in training in conflict management for your staff? If staff see people face to face, then our Conflict Management Training or our Managing Violence and Aggression course or Lone Worker course would be applicable depending on the needs of your team.
If your staff mostly work over the telephone, our Dealing with Difficult Telephone Calls course would be a major confidence boost for them.
By the end of our course your staff will be able to
- Say no whilst encouraging clients and patients to be calm and reasonable
- Avoid escalating conflict and difficult situations through their own actions
- Keep calm when faced with anger and frustration
- Understand more about their usual reaction to conflict
- Be able to address abuse with more confidence
- Deal with conflict situations effectively and quickly
- Ensure staff preserve and forge a good relationship with clients and patients
Staff we train in the Health and Social Care Sectors
- Front line
- A and E
- Social workers
- Health visitors
- Hostel workers
- General practice reception staff
OUR APPROACH TO TRAINING IS SIMPLE
We have specialised in delivering Conflict Management Training since 2003. Using tried and tested techniques, we deliver in an engaging way while meeting the needs of people with different learning styles. We regularly review the content of our sessions to ensure it remains best practice. Our focus is on building and reinforcing your staff’s existing skills in a supportive way. They are then in a position to manage conflict in the most effective and confident manner possible.
Still not sure which course you need? Give us a call and we can make sure we help you chose the right course.