Conflict Training for the Housing Sector
Thinking about running a conflict management training course for your housing association but not sure which one or what you would gain from it? Then read on…
Staff we train in the housing sector are often juggling conflicting demands and frequently face the following challenges:
- Managing high tenant expectations
- Saying no to tenant demands
- Managing perceptions of unfairness
- Managing lone working while visiting tenants
WHICH COURSE IS RIGHT FOR YOUR ORGANISATION?
Participants attending our courses are better able to:
- Defuse difficult situations with tenants (both face to face and on the telephone)
- Identify things they might be doing that escalate conflict
- Develop the skills to keep calm when faced with anger and frustration
- Understand more about their usual reaction to conflict
- Be able to address abuse with more confidence
- Ensure staff preserve and forge good relationships with tenants.
If staff work with tenants face to face then our one day Conflict Management Training course might be ideal for your team. Alternatively, we run Lone Worker and Managing Violence and Aggression courses depending on the needs of the group.
On our courses we use situations provided by the staff that attend to ensure the content is relevant and keeps staff engaged. Our courses are delivered using a range of different methods including videos of situations, discussions and through practising the skills.
If your staff deal with tenants over the telephone rather than face to face then our Dealing with Difficult Telephone Calls course is likely to be more suitable.
If your staff face more challenging situations where their personal safety may be at risk and you would like them to be able to identify what triggers aggression, the legal issues involved and warning signs then our or Managing Violence and Aggression courses are worth considering.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
These courses are suitable for staff who are involved in:
- Tenant liaison
- Contact centre
- Maintenance and repair
- Sheltered housing schemes
- Environmental managements
OUR APPROACH TO TRAINING IS SIMPLE
We have specialised in delivering Conflict Management Training since 2003. Using tried and tested techniques, we deliver in an engaging way while meeting the needs of people with different learning styles. We regularly review the content of our sessions to ensure it remains best practice. Our focus is on building and reinforcing your staff’s existing skills in a supportive way. They are then in a position to manage conflict in the most effective and confident manner possible.
Still not sure which course you need? Please get in touch and we can make sure we help you choose the right course.